Boston University School of Law
The ExamSoft sign-up period for fall 2013 will open on Monday, 10/28/2013 and will close on Friday, 11/22/2013.
The School of Law Registrar's Office will send you an introductory e-mail that will include your ExamSoft password.
To Download and Register SofTest:
- Enter your BU ID number (including the leading "U") as the ID number in the “Exam Takers” box in the upper left hand corner of the this page
- After you receive your password, enter that password and your BU ID number on the Exam Taker log in page. (You may change your password if desired.)
- Click "Download SofTest" and follow the on-screen instructions to download, install and register SofTest.
- You will be notified on-screen that there is a Mock Exam file available for download.
- You may download, take and upload the Mock Exam at your convenience.
- Any student who has not downloaded and registered the software by 11/22/2013 will have to hand-write their fall 2013 exams.
RETURNING USERS: Students who used the software during the 2012/2013 academic year are required to download and register the new version of the software. The license agreement is for the academic year only. Once your account is reactivated by the Registrar's Office, you may click on "Lost Student ID or Password" to retrieve your password.
Minimum System Requirements for using ExamSoft’s SofTest product in the 2013-2014 academic year:
PC System Requirements:
CPU: 2 GHz Intel Core/Celeron or equivalent x86 processer
RAM: 2 GB or greater
Hard Drive: 1 GB free space
- Operating System: English-language versions ONLY of the following:
Windows XP (32 bit only) or
Windows Vista (all versions)
Windows 7 (all versions)
Windows 8 (all versions)
Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater, or equivalent browser (such as Firefox)
Internet access required for SofTest installation, exam download and upload of answers. You must have your laptop configured for our (802.1x) wireless network prior to the start of exams.
Display resolution must be 1024x768 or higher
Mac System Requirements:
- CPU: Intel-Based - (MacBook/MacBook Pro/MacBook air) ONLY
- RAM: 2 GB or greater
- Hard Drive: 1 GB free space
- Operating System: English language versions ONLY of the following:
Mac OS X v.10.6 or better
- Internet Browser: Safari 4.0 or greater, or equivalent browser (such as Firefox)
- Internet access for SofTest installation, exam download, and upload of answers. To upload your exam answers at the end of each exam you must have your laptop configured for the law school wireless network (802.1x) prior to the start of exams.
- It is not possible to take secure exams through a virtual operating system such as Bootcamp, Parallels or any other virtual operating system environment.