The sign-up will open on Wednesday, April 10th 2013.
is now available for Mac with no Bootcamp required!!
SofTest can be used on virtually any modern computer (i.e. purchased within the last 3-4 years). For specific system requirements, please click on Minimum System Requirements above.
SofTest is now available for both PC and Mac! We are very pleased to announce that SofTest now has a native version for Windows and Mac laptops, allowing it to run in both types of operating systems (without the use of Bootcamp)! When you go to download SofTest, just click on the appropriate version to download and install!
Please read thoroughly as the procedures have changed
Mandatory Requirements for Laptop Users
1. SignUp – Log on to http://www.examsoft.com/debar, click the Exam Takers tab, and provide your name, email address, ID#, and password.
2. Install – Download and Install SofTest on the laptop you will use on exam day!
3. Register – Submit your registration information.
4. Download Computerized Answer Book and Mock Exam – Essay answer formatting and the Mock exam will be automatically downloaded to your computer after successfully registering SofTest.
5. Qualify – Complete and Upload the Mock examination. Failure to complete the mock exam may prevent you from being able to use your computer on exam day.
6. Equipment – You will be required to access the Internet following the examination to upload your answers.
Review FlexSite Examination Information – Upon completion of the SofTest registration, information about using your laptop on examination day will be provided.
This process must be completed each time you register to take the bar examination, regardless of any previous ExamSoft registrations you may have completed for this bar examination or any other examination. Date ranges for completing this process are:
For the July bar examination…...…..April 1 through June 1
Applicants who have not installed the software, registered, and qualified within the date range established for that examination will not be allowed to use their laptop computer for that examination, and will be required to hand write their answers.
How do I download a computerized answer book? Essay answer formatting will be automatically downloaded to your computer after successfully registering SofTest. Download and Install SofTest on the laptop you will use on exam day only!
If you do not receive a download confirmation email or for any reason will not be using the computer registered on examination day, contact ExamSoft Client Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 866-429-8889. Failure to do so may result in your having to hand write the examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I upload my answers?
Turn on your computer and connect to the Internet. Note: Do not launch SofTest until you connect to the Internet. If you do, exit and reopen SofTest after you have connected to the Internet. Double click the ‘SoftTest – Bar Edition’ icon on your Desktop, and your answers will automatically upload.
When do I upload my answers?
You are required to upload your essay answers prior to leaving your exam room.
Will there be Internet connectivity at the test site?
What if my laptop does not have wireless capability?
You must have wireless capability to take the exam using your laptop.
How will I know my answers have been uploaded?
A visual ‘progress status’ (blue bar) is displayed as the upload takes place. When the upload is complete, a ‘success’ message is displayed. An e-mail confirmation is then sent to the e-mail address provided when registering SofTest.
What if I have a problem uploading my answers?
Technical support from ExamSoft will be available to you at the test site.
Do I still need a floppy diskette drive?
May I practice with the software? Yes. After registering SofTest, launch the program by double-clicking the “SofTest – Bar Edition” icon on your Windows Desktop. Click the ‘Launch SofTest’ button, then click the “Practice Exam” button. This will allow you to familiarize yourself with SofTest. You may use the Practice Exam as many times as you wish. Note: The Practice Exam cannot be saved and may only be printed while in the examination.
What should I do prior to examination day?
• Take and Upload the Mandatory MOCK EXAM
• Ensure that: (1) you have plenty of free hard drive space, (2) your PC is virus free, and (3) you read the PC preparation tips provided at www.examsoft.com/estips
• Read the FlexSite Examination Information sent to you.
• Familiarize yourself with the software by utilizing the built-in Practice Exam feature.
• Locate your A/C – battery power indicator light on your laptop to determine which light indicates you are running on A/C power (i.e., power from a wall outlet).
• Ensure that your battery is fully charged just in case there is a temporary power outage.
• Ensure that your computer’s internal clock has the correct date. To verify date and time, double-click the clock in the lower-right corner of your screen.
• If you have SofTest use or installation questions, visit http://www.examsoft.com/estips.
What should I do on examination day?
• Bring your laptop and a fully charged battery. If you use an external mouse and full-size keyboard, you may bring those as well.
• You will be provided instructions guiding you through the process of launching SofTest.
• Immediately before SofTest launches the examination, you will be provided a warning screen with red STOP signs indicating that you may not begin the examination until instructed to do so. Heed this warning.
• Follow the FlexSite Examination Information received for Internet connectivity and uploading your answers.
• Bar applicants who do not take the time to become familiar with their laptop computer or SofTest’s features, should consider hand writing their examination. No administrative relief will be granted in the event that an examination file is deleted or otherwise altered.
• If you encounter computer difficulty during the examination, notify a proctor for instructions.
• Any attempt to disable or tamper with SofTest’s security features will be considered a violation of the Examination Administration Rules of Conduct.
• It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with your equipment and the SofTest software and instructions provided by ExamSoft on its Web site prior to the start of your examination. Please allow yourself sufficient time to become familiar with your laptop and the application.
• Commencement of the examination will not be delayed due to a hardware or software problem with your laptop, nor will you be provided additional time to take your examination.
• Do not un-install SofTest until after you receive your examination results.