1. Register Examplify on the computer you intend to use on exam day
2. Ensure that your computer:
a. Meets the specifications listed in the Minimum System Requirements section at the top of this page
b. Is virus free, and
c. Is free of disk errors. (E.g. Windows PC users can check by running SCANDISK - Click Start Button --->Programs --->Accessories --->System Tools --->Scandisk or Disk Cleanup)
If you are unsure of whether your laptop meets the minimum system requirements, please contact the IT Department for assistance
3. Once you have installed and registered Examplify, familiarize yourself with the software by taking the mock exam.
4. When you open Examplify’s opening screen, you must enter SGU as your institution ID. You will then be directed to the SGU Carenage login page where you will enter your SGU credentials. Once you login successfully, close the browser and return to the Examplify application.
5. Download the exam when you receive notification of its availability by your course director. If you have problems with downloading the exam, notify your course director.
6. Ensure that your battery is fully charged prior to the exam in the event there is a temporary power outage.
7. If you encounter issues when using Examplify, please submit an IT Support ticket or send an email to TellExaminationServices@sgu.edu if you encounter technical issues during your exam.
What should I do on exam day?
- Double check to ensure that the exam, (all blocks), are downloaded on your laptop.
- Ensure that you have an Internet connection
- Have your power cord available in the event that your laptop batter power is low
How can I get an Exam Loaner Laptop for ExamSoft exams?
If you are currently on island, you may be able to access a laptop from the IT department. To request a laptop, please send an email to Support@sgu.edu
- To download exams users must have the username and password used to register Examplify
- Arrive to the exam room at least 30 minutes early, plug your computer into a power outlet, turn on the computer and follow the instructions provided
- Do not uninstall Examplify until you receive your exam scores at the end of the academic year
- Follow all instructions provided by the Course Director and Proctors at the exam venue.
- Exams will not be delayed or suspended due to computer problems
- During the exam, use care when highlighting and deleting
- Take the time to become familiar with their laptop computer and the exam software. No administrative relief will be granted for incorrect use of the software
Any attempt to disable or tamper with Examplify’s security features will be considered a violation of the student honor code. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with your equipment and the Examplify software and instructions provided by ExamSoft on its website prior to the start of your exam. Commencement of the exam will not be delayed due to a hardware problem with your laptop.