Welcome to the University of Chicago Law School’s ExamSoft page!
Things to do the week prior to the exam period:
- If you have already installed ExamSoft:
- Ensure you have the latest ExamSoft software update
- Back-up the contents of your laptop to an external device or to the cloud. You don’t want to find yourself without your notes, outlines, or other exam-related materials if your laptop fails, is stolen, lost, etc.
- Read the Exam Information available on the Office of the Registrar’s page. Be sure to familiarize yourself with both procedural matters and the exam schedule.
- Read the Exam Policies section of the Student Handbook.
- Login to www.examsoft.com/uclaw (this page) using your credentials. Type your CNetID and SofTest Password in the Exam Takers box located on the upper left-hand side of the screen. If you cannot locate your password, click on the question mark symbol next to the password field for self-retrieval instructions.
- Once you login, you will see a number of resources accessible via buttons and links. Please be sure to do all the following, in the order listed:
- Read the instructions (SofTest Instructions)
- Ensure that your system meets the minimum system requirement (Minimum System Req.)
- Understand your technical support options (Technical Support)
- Change your password to something you will remember (Change Account Info)
- Additionally, if you haven’t downloaded and installed the software to the laptop you will be using to take exams, please be sure to:
- Download SofTest
- Install SofTest
- Register SofTest. After installation you will be prompted to register SofTest. Please do so using your CNetID and SofTest Password. You will receive a confirmation message once the registration is completed.
- Familiarize yourself with SofTest, the exam-taking software from ExamSoft, by watching the pertinent training videos
- Take one or more practice exams (this is really important). The password for the practice exams is 123maroon.
- You may attend one of the exam-taking information sessions offered by IT:
Sessions open to all students:
Monday, March 3rd - Room II - 12:15 p.m. to 1:20 p.m.
Wednesday, March 5th - Room II - 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
You can also drop by the Computer Lab or K002 for exam-taking support from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday – Friday.
If you have problems with an exam during the exam period, do not contact the professor or a classmate.
To contact a SofTest support staff, please call 866-429-8889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also access the SofTest support website, where you will find a wealth of resources.
There is a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the Exam Procedures page of the Law School website.
To contact the Law School Helpdesk, please call 773-834-5300 or email email@example.com.
For non-technical, exam-related questions please contact the Office of the Registrar:
Jeanine I. Alonso – 773-834-4255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Roberto A. Koch – 773-834-5315 or email@example.com